COUPLE'S POTLUCK -Sunday, August 19th from 5:30-8 pm. For Married and engages couples. Pastor Steve will give an encouraging word. A-M bring a main dish, N-Z bring a salad or dessert. Childcare available.
LABOR DAY PICNIC/BBQ - Monday, September 3rd at Elm St. Park. BBQ will start at noon followed by sack races, egg toss with winner prizes. Great time for fellowship. Bring something to BBQ, a dish to share and lawn chairs.
HIGH SCHOOL RETREAT - ANTHEM September 7th - 9th at Granite Ridge, Creston. Register online. $175
MEN'S RETREAT - October 5th- 7th at Sugar Pines Christian Camp, Oakhurst. Register on line. Cost: Cabins $170, Lodge $185. Speaker: Pastor Wayne Taylor.
LIFELINE PREGNANCY CENTER ANNUAL BENEFIT BANQUET - Tuesday, September 18th, 6 pm at Thousand Hills Ranch. Learn how LifeLine provides support for women in a crisis pregnancy. Complimentary Dinner provided by the Thousand Hills Ranch Foundation. To register, sign up at the table in the Foyer or call (805) 904-6134.
OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD - If you are interested in going to the Processing Center in Fullerton during November 28th - December 1st, please call Donna Rude at (805) 801-5179. Space is limited.
Week of August 19, 2018
- 8:30 & 10:30 am | Beliefs That Matter, Part 13, "Why is the Life, Death, & Ressurrection of Jesus Important?" | Pastor Steve
- 8:30 & 10:30 | Sunday School for Nursery through 6th Grade |
- 10:30 am | Foundation (Junior High Youth Group) | Tucker Brown
- 10:30 am | The Workshop (High School Youth Group | Pastor Daivd
- 5:30 pm | Couple's Potluck and Encouragement "Little Decision with Big Conquences", Genesis 3:1-8 | Pastor Steve
- 7:00 pm | Psalms | Pastor George
- 7:00 pm | YOUTH GROUP (Jr. High & High School) | Pastor David
- 7:00 pm | 4th & 6th Grade | Tonya Nevarez
- 7:00 pm | God Squad (Nursery through 3rd Grade)
- 6:00 pm | Testify Women's Monthly Gathering (jr. high - adult) | Michele Noriega
- 7:00 pm | Young Adult Study (18-25 year old) @ The Lounge | David Aguilar
RECENT STUDIES & PODCAST - Sun. & Wed. services - youtube.com/calvarychapelag.
MEDIA ARCHIVES - (calvaryag.org) and click on the Media tab then Media Archives.
CDs OF BOTH SERVICES - are available at the Information Center. You may also request Spanish CD's.
LOST AND FOUND - Please check the rack in the courtyard for any lost items. All Bibles and small items such as jewerly and eyeglasses will be at the Information Center.
CORNERSTONE BOOKS - located at the Information Center. August Specials: "The Case For Christ" by Lee Strobal and "One Minute Answers to Skeptics" by Charlie Campbell. Bibles always at cost.
- GLOBALMEDIAOUTREACH.COM - or you can call (972) 975-9444. Click on "Get Involved". They have reached over 1 billion people to date.
- SEARCHFORJESUS.NET - Click on "Get Involved". This is through the Billy Graham Association.
SMILE.AMAZON.COM - When you log onto smile.amazon.com, the Amazon Smile Foundation will automatically donate .5% of the price of eligible purchases to Calvary Chapel of Arroyo Grande.
DO YOU WANT TO GET INVOLVED?
SOLID ROCK CAFE -Looking for those interested in serving the Cafe. We would love to train you. Call Rocco (805) 441-0617.
MEDIA MINISTRY - Additional volunteers are needed. See Pastor David
CHILDREN'S MINISTRY - Teachers and Nursery Helpers needed for Wednesday once a month. We are in need of Sunday School teachers. See Gena Roberts or Sarah Chapman.
HELPING HANDS MINISTRY - Strong people needed for heavy lifting projects (i.e. helping someone move furniture). Forms are at the Information Center or you can call the church office if you are able to help.
24 HOUR PRAYER - Every fifteen minutes the church will be covered in prayer every day. For more information please contact Chris and Janice Brandli at (805) 473-3397 to sign up.