Reasons To Reject The Big Bang Hypothesis
A.) First, why is naturalism illogical?
- If all resulted from natural processes then why can’t we naturally reproduce all that we see by ourselves? Because life requires a supernatural event. Rom. 4:17 Gen. 2:7
- Ask people to give you an example in our world today that shows that life or any complex organism just happened without the intelligent intervention of man.
- Naturalism is simply a way to reject God under the pretext of science. Rom. 1:20-22
- The problem for those who believe in naturalism is the visible handiwork of God is clearly seen by the evidence. Ps. 19:1 Also, every time scientists look through the microscope they see the invisible handiwork of God declared.
B.) The heart of naturalism is the Big Bang Theory.
* All this information comes from Dr. Henry Morris, Dr. Duane Gish, Dr. Henry Semat.
What is the Big Bang Theory? Scientists surmise that 15-20 Billion years ago all matter and all energy in the entire universe was packed into a single super dense electron particle they call a “cosmic egg” - For some reason this particle became unstable & it exploded producing an even distribution of matter & energy in all directions.
C.) Let’s look at several reasons why you should reject the Big Bang theory.
1. The Big Bang is actually only a hypothesis (or a guess). It’s not a fact!
a. How Scientific Research is done. (1) A scientist begins with a question or problem. (2) Information is gathered and studied. (3) A hypothesis is formed (a possible explanation) (4) This hypothesis is tested and further evidence is gathered. (5) A conclusion is arrived at and a theory is formed. (6) When there is sufficient evidence gathered by repeated experiments to prove that this theory conforms to - The Principle of Universality – which means that all the laws of nature should work the same way everywhere. In other words, it does not matter who does the experiment or where it is done, the same results should be produced under the same conditions – When the evidence reveals this level of assurance, then the principle is determined to be a law. (Law of Gravity). It doesn't make any difference who or where you are, if you jump off a building in AG or New York, day or night, you will fall to the ground.
b. Therefore, a hypothesis implies inadequate evidence to support premise requiring more testing. A theory implies considerable evidence to support your premise but without absolute certainty. A law demands absolute & exact evidence that is uniform & sure that conforms to The Principle of Universality.
c. There are spiritual laws. The law of sin & death – The law of Spirit of life. Rom. 8:2
- If you sin you will die; every person every time. But, also every person who yields to the Spirit will also be free & experience life. Also, a Law of liberty = love. James 2:12
d. We all know how sure it is when we sin = death. Do you know the law of the Spirit?
2. The hypothesis of the Big Bang is not based on legitimate science. Why?
- The big bang was not observed, it can’t be tested by experimentation, and it is not repeatable. It is therefore, only speculation and pseudo-science. 1 Tim. 6:20 Science is a system of knowledge gained by observation, experimentation, and logic.
- Why do people do this? In 2 Peter 3:3-5 it declares that people “willingly forget” the evidence in creation. The word willingly = (Gr.) means to purposely determine to forget. The word forget = (Gr.) means to hide. People purposely choose to forget the evidence of the flood.
3. The evidence that there is no uniform distribution of matter & energy in the universe.
a. Duane Gish wrote if the Big Bang hypothesis is correct you should be able to see a uniform distribution of stars & galaxies throughout the universe. Do we see that? No!
b. We see large scale clusters of galaxies and then great voids in space. Ps. 19:1
c. But, if you explode a can of marbles you would naturally find the marbles spread around the explosion in a pretty even pattern. You wouldn't find all the marbles in one place or on the left side or right side of the explosion.
d. Dr. Brent Tully at University of Hawaii in mapping the heavens = there were super-clusters of galaxies 300 million light-years long & 100 million light-years thick, separated by voids 300 million light-years across. Light travels = 186,000 m. per second = That is 7.44 times around the earth in one second x 60 seconds X 60 minutes x 24 hours x 365 days x 300 million years.
e. In 1989 Margaret Geller and John Huchra of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center of Astrophysics, announced the same results from their map of the heavens.
4. The Law of Conservation of Angular Momentum.
- This law is simple. If you have an object spinning in a direction and pieces fall and separate, these pieces will also be spinning in the same direction. If you have something spinning clockwise, the items that separate from that object will also be spinning clockwise. This is scientific fact.
- What’s the evidence?
a. From the Mariner and Pioneer space probes we have conclusive evidence that Venus and Uranus spin with a counter-clockwise rotation, Jupiter has 12 moons or satellites - 8 rotate in a clock-wise and the 4 outer satellites rotate counter-clockwise, Neptune has two satellites – one orbits in a clock-wise direction and the other in a retrograde orbit or counter-clockwise.
b. These facts are indisputable & speak of a specially created universe, not a big bang.
5. The Big Bang violates the first Law of Thermodynamics.
a. The First Law states that energy or matter can neither be created nor destroyed.
- Example: You take the matter of a tree from the forest, make a piece of paper, burn the paper, goes back to dust to grow another tree. Is the matter still present?
b. The Bible supports the fact that there has been nothing "new" in the universe since creation. Heb. 4:3-4 Gen. 2:2
c. The Big Bang contradicts the first Law because it declares that energy and matter were created at the moment of the bang. But, even if this happened, where did the cosmic egg come from in the first place.
6. The Big Bang violates the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
a. The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that any system left to itself progresses toward a state of entropy, or chaos. Energy is constantly moving from a higher state or concentration to a lower state. Things tend to decay over time. They tend to collapse, burn out, dissipate, fade, and become disorganized. This can only be delayed when energy is purposely added to the system.
b. Bible supports the concept of entropy: Ps. 102:25-26 Is. 51:6 Matt. 24:35 Rom. 8:20-22 1 John 2:17
c. The Big Bang hypothesis declares the opposite, that it was the source and creator of the universe & the increase of matter that ultimately creates all of life. Logically an explosion = chaos, not an ordered system.
d. Example: You burn a piece of paper. Is the paper in a more concentrated state of matter or more disordered or decayed state?
Watch: When you put the energy that comes from a battery into your wristwatch it makes the watch work. The energy comes back out of the system to make the watch work. But, as the watch runs the watch is wearing down until one day it wears out through a random lost of energy through friction and heat.
* Even though the universe did not start with a big bang, we are absolutely sure that it will end with one (2 Peter 3:10).
Reasons To Reject The Big Bang Hypothesis